SBI PO is one of the most preferred jobs by aspirants for its impressive salary structure, perks, and benefits. Promising career growth and an opportunity to work with the largest public sector bank in India have caught the attention of lakhs of aspirants to compete for the particular post.
“No pain, no gain” is relevant when it comes to the job of Probationary Officer at the State Bank of India. Candidates looking for a rewarding career in the banking sector can go through the SBI PO Salary 2022 for your reference.
A proper understanding of the exam pattern is imperative to crack the banking exams. As we move closer to exam dates, it is necessary to cover the entire syllabus and thrust on the topics of relevance.
Bank exams are always unpredictable. Owing to the tough competition and the limited number of vacancies, IBPS keeps on changing the pattern of questions and targeted subject areas. Aspirants can go through SBI PO Syllabus to identify the topics for the exam.
Topic-wise Weightage for Probationary Officer Preliminary Exam
SBI PO Prelims give topic-wise weightage to all sections. Aspirants can go through the topic-wise weightage from the below tables to get an idea of the questions asked in preceding years and understand the recurring pattern of topics.
Even though we cannot determine the exact number of questions that can be asked from each section, you can predict the number of questions from multiple sections based on an analysis of previous years’ questions. There are three sections for SBI Preliminary examination given in the box below.
|English Language||30 questions|
|Quantitative Ability||35 questions|
|Logical Reasoning||35 questions|
SBI PO Prelims – Topic-wise weightage – Quantitative Aptitude
- Quantitative aptitude is a determining section for both Preliminary and Mains examinations for bank exams. One has to go through the below table of contents to understand the number of questions asked for Prelims in previous years. Candidates have to attempt 35 questions within 20 minutes allotted.
- The important topics on quantitative aptitude for the SBI PO Preliminary examination are Data Interpretation, which includes Pie Charts, Bar graphs, Line Chart, Caselet, etc. Apart from that, there are number series, Simplification, and Approximation, and Arithmetic questions (Time and Work, Age, Time, Distance and Speed, Averages, Ratio, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Partnership, etc.)
|Topics from QA||2021||2020||2019|
|Wrong Number Series||5||0-5||–|
|Missing Number Series||0-5||5||5|
SBI PO Prelims – Topic-wise weightage – Logical Reasoning
- The Logical Reasoning section from SBI PO consists of 35 questions that have to be completed within 20 minutes. The maximum number of questions for this section is usually from puzzles and seating arrangements. A clear understanding of all the topics for reasoning is vital to cross the overall cutoff. It is one of the most time-consuming sections for bank exams.
- The most important topics from the reasoning section for the SBI PO exam include Seating Arrangement and Puzzles (Linear puzzles, floor-based puzzles, tabulation), Inequalities, Coding-Decoding, Syllogism, Alphanumeric Series, and Miscellaneous questions. Around 5 questions from most of these topics are generally asked for most bank exams.
|Topics from LR||2021||2020||2019|
SBI PO Prelims – Topic-wise weightage – English Language
- The English language section for SBI PO consists of 30 questions that have to be solved within 20 minutes. Topics including passage comprehension, synonyms, grammar, etc., need to be covered by the aspirant before the exam. Questions are also anticipated from error detection, sentence rearrangement, cloze test, etc.
- In this section, let us go through the weightage of questions from separate topics for the English language.
|Topics from LR||2021||2020||2019|
|Detection of Errors||5||0-5||0-5|
So we have discussed the topic-wise weightage from different topics for SBI PO based on the questions from the past three years. Analysing the previous year cut off will help candidates estimate the expected SBI PO cut off and help them prepare accordingly.
However, IBPS can change the pattern and sequence of questions anytime. At BYJU’S, we provide candidates with a whole package of study materials, mock tests and interactive video lessons to ace the exam with focus and fortitude.